Monday, September 27, 2021

The "Running from Myself" song from ye olde year of our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Sixty Nine.

 "Scorpion - Running From Myself (Rock) (1969)."  foreal1992. May 19, 2020.




"I've lost in love
I've lost in war....
If I don't stop running from myself
...running from the past
I'm never behind...."
psychedelic whah whah of the funky guitar
"freedom" is the theme--
down the never road I go...
something lost that must be found...
funning from myself as best I can
If I don't stop running I'll never be a man
If I don't stop running I'll never find peace of mind..."

oh those self-introspective songs of the past dreaded Hippie generation---questioning, looting the mind for outdated constructs which limit personal freedom (to do no harm unto others, hopefully but not always that was the theme).
unlike the pure sex-driven pop culture "love" themes of the pop generation Z =zzz zzzz....zzzz snooze hit that button sleeping mentally, spiritually and morally running from boredom the pop musick is just running on a hamster treadmill of sexual titillation and sensation but slowly wearing oneself out with too much adrenaline sensationalism---


No comments:

Post a Comment