Monday, October 18, 2021

Britain's Got Talent emulating American Soul music but moreso integrating American anti-racism through the musical genres that have travelled the airwaves "across the Pond" divide, reaching into the divisions that racism has so entrenched in the "Old World". The Artful Dodger lives and has turned from Garage Music to Soul. He's gone from being an outcast little white boy from the 19th century to a full-grown black male of the 21st who sings of the soulful upcoming of the Black Bird. White supremacy is for a while stifled by the Americanized Artful Dodger.

 "Britain's Got Talent 2018 Lifford Shillingford from Artful Dodger Full Audition S12E05. Popcorn. May 13, 2018.





First and foremost, I love and so admire Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist, and indeed all of his writing if not for the content for the writing style. I heard this song on a compilation of "Garage" music today and the band's name is/was Artful Dodger. I then looked it up and discovered this Britain's Got Talent clip with one of the former singers from Artful Dodger. What I notice immediately is the blonde bigot female asking with condescending coldness his name, and her response was a physical movement of snubbing her nose that I have seen particularly pronounced in British blonde women of her ilk (bigoted, racist, part of a racist discrimination Nazi fascist Network). The camera was cut off just as she was about to snub her nose in that seeming physical gesture that is a coded signal of white supremacy and disdain at this black singer.


The singer, Lifford Shillingford (what an original and interesting name!) sings an American classic from Sam Cooke which I just heard from another compilation a few days ago. The song, blues and soothing but sad yet uplifting---resonates with my mood and my aspirations for this crime being lifted out of the shadows of silencing and full complicity from the fascist "powers-that-be" who you will all agree are your epiphany.

I observed the rest of the "judge" panel, who are very highly influenced by American pop and anti-racist music and philosophy (including also of course from their own country but American influence is there without a doubt). Simon Cowell was there of course wearing his kinda Los Angeles style gear, and I thought of how wonderful it is that the black woman in the panel was so supportive of this man who began to sing in such a plaintive but beautiful way (he could easily have come out of Georgia with his singing style). And I am grateful to America, the United States, for it's subcultural influence on the planet, and that it can override the traditional white supremacist bigoted "powers-that-be" at least in the realm of music. I am glad that this influence has transferred around the planet to some degree. These are the impressions I observed while watching this video. I also was influenced by the English person (originally from Ireland) who was part of the teleportation crew last night. I got into the London glib banter I had heard while drinking with some people in pubs and some of them from the West Side--(boys) and of course they prefer a soft option so I was impressed by their explanation of some of the slang and went on a slang kind of spree with this English Londoner (formerly Irish from Asbury Park-- a place I have been but I won't elaborate on what I thought of the place as this group tortures me for any negative or critical commentary I make. Also hackers are constantly blocking keys while I am writing as part of the larger silencing apparatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment